Introduction; Consent to Terms
The contents of SEEDS Website are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, prepare derivative works, or perform any copyrighted material on the SEEDS Website without the prior written consent of SEEDS, except as provided below. You may copy and print a limited amount of content, and you may download SEEDS content, for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you include all copyright and other notices contained in the content and that you do not modify the content. Any other use of SEEDS content requires prior written permission from SEEDS.
Seeds Arts and Education™ and Seeds™ are service marks of Seeds Arts and Education, Inc. All rights reserved. You may not use any SEEDS service marks, logos or graphics without SEEDS’ prior written consent.
SEEDS does not allow framing of its Websites.
Links to SEEDS Websites
SEEDS encourages and permits links to content on SEEDS Website. However, SEEDS is an organization committed to non-profit ventures. Therefore, the linking should not (a) suggest that SEEDS promotes or endorses any third party’s causes, ideas, Websites, products or services, or (b) use SEEDS content for inappropriate commercial purposes. We reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link.
Links to Third Party Sites
SEEDS has provided links to Internet sites maintained by third parties, over which SEEDS has no control. SEEDS does not endorse the content, operators, products or services of such sites, and SEEDS is not responsible or liable for the content, operators, availability, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites. SEEDS shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, products or services available on or through such sites.
Use of the Service
If you use the Service, by submission of essays, e-mails or other information via www.seedsed.org, you must follow a few simple rules:
1. While we do not seek to limit expression of ideas, certain materials and language will not be tolerated. You may not post, upload or transmit any material or links to material that is libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, in violation of the law or that constitutes hate speech.
2. You may only post, upload or transmit materials for which you have the copyright or other permission to distribute electronically. You may not violate, plagiarize, or infringe on the rights of third parties, including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, moral or proprietary rights. You promise and represent that any posted, uploaded, included or transmitted materials will be owned by you or in the public domain.
3. The Service can only be used for non-commercial purposes. You cannot distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods and services.
4. You may not post, upload or transmit any software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful code or device. You may not use the Service to distribute chain letters, mass mailings or “spam” or to gather e-mail addresses for the purpose of sending “spam” to other users of the Service.
5. By posting, uploading or transmitting any material on or through the Service, you hereby grant SEEDS a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, sublicense, modify, transmit, publicly perform or display that material, and your name and location (city, state and/or country), if you provide that information to us, in connection with that material, in all media, whether or not now known.
6. Persons under the age of eighteen (18) MUST obtain parental permission before registering uploading or transmitting material on or through the Service.
THE SERVICE AND ANY PRODUCTS SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE AVAILABLE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEEDS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOR DOES SEEDS MAKE ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, PRODUCTS, OPINIONS, OR STATEMENTS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THROUGH LINKS ON THE SERVICE. USE OF THIS SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL SEEDS, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR RELATING TO ANY PRODUCTS SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL SEEDS, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF $100.
SEEDS respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the following information in writing to SEEDS:
1. a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright.
2. a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
3. a description of the material that you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
4. information so that we can contact you, such as address, telephone number and e-mail address.
5. a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed.
SEEDS Arts and Education, Inc.
P.O. Box 4979
Laguna Beach, CA 92652-4979
The Service is controlled and operated within the United States. SEEDS makes no representation that content, materials or products available on or through the Service are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. If you access the Service from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with applicable laws, including U.S. export laws and regulations.